Redcliff Light 6p (Single Door)
See More Images +
See Fewer Images -
Redcliff Light 6p (Single Door)
The Redcliff Light is a pyramid tipi tent suitable for sleeping 3-6 adults, featuring a single door and adjustable line loc stakeout points that allow for tight-to-the-ground or elevated pitching. Weighing up to 8 ounces lighter than the Redcliff, this tent is easy to pack and easy to set up. Its rectangular shape allows for for fast pitching and its angular panels provide superior weather protection. Handmade in Grand Junction, CO.
For availability, check out our Lead Times
- 12 Line Loc Stake Points to allow pitch mobility for increased ventilation
- Sod Skirt to keep out dirt, debris, and insects
- Single Zippered Door with Rain Flap for waterproofing and single side entry
- Stove Jack with Rain Flap for using Wood Burning Stoves. Note: The stove jack position on the Cimarron Light Single Door is centered behind the center pole.
- Peak Vent for ventilation and preventing condensation buildup
- Three Guyout Points for added stability in high winds or inclement weather
- Inner Hang Loops for liners or hanging lights and clothes
- Canopy: 50 oz / 3 lb 2 oz
- Complete weight - canopy, stakes, carbon pole - 73 oz / 4 lb 14 oz
- Door screen adds 4 oz
- Height: 6' 10″
- Width: 8' 6" (10' 10" center to center)
- Length: 13' (14' 10" center to center)
- Square Feet: 132
- Square Feet Sitting Area (height above 36"): 41
- Square Feet Standing Area (height above 6 ft): 2
- Sage Green 30 Denier Nylon 6.6 Ripstop
- 3000 mm hydrostatic head
- 33% more abrasion resistant than nylon 6
- Ripstop woven, Silicone coated
- Silicone-coated Fiberglass
- 3,000 f melting point
- Tear and heat resistant material
- VX42 Xpac, Dyneema
- 2 layered fabrics for extreme tear strength
- Fray and Abrasion Resistant
- Carbon Pole - 5 sections
- 6 twisted stakes and 6 standard stakes.
- Silnet Seam Sealer
- Choose where you want to sleep and where you want the door to be.
- Stake the corner line loc cordages in a rectangle shape, ensuring that the angles are as square and true as possible. Avoid overstretching the fabric to prevent a bell-shaped bottom that reduces interior space. Note: You will have to make a knot on the line loc cordage to stake the tent out
- Make sure the vent and stovejack are open or closed as desired before raising the pole, as they may be harder to reach once the pole is up.
- Insert the pole and raise the shelter.
- Stake out the doors.
- Connect and tension the guylines to stabilize and increase interior space
- To seal the shelter, pitch it normally and seal the outside seams.
- You can run a thin bead of sealant along the seam, press it in with a finger, and wipe away excess on a paper towel.
- Alternatively, you can use an acid brush from a hardware store to spread the sealant.
INFO ON HOT TENTS:Temperature Rating
- We use high temp silicone coated fiberglass material, rated to several thousand degrees, for the stove jack. The tent material never touches the hot pipe. If there are any pinholes from floating embers, they can be sealed with a small dab of silicone without damaging the shelter.
- Carbon monoxide is not a concern in these shelters due to the peak vent and air flow from the zipper and sod skirt. If necessary, leave a door unzipped for more venting
FAQ:Is the 6 Person Tipi larger than the Redcliff?
- The 6 person tipi has more floor area, but the ergonomics of the Redcliff make it feel more spacious. Because the Redcliff is designed around a rectangular floor area, the Redcliff may feel more spacious than the circular floor plan of the 6 person tipi
- Yes! The Cimarron/ Redcliff half nest will work while using a stove. This is a great option for those that want a bucket floor and bug netting while using a stove inside the Redcliff
Redcliff 360 VR
Redcliff Standing and Sitting 360 VR
Redcliff 360 Look Around
Defects in manufacturing and material for the practical lifetime of the product. Damage due to wear and tear or misuse will be repaired for a reasonable charge.