The Eight Person Lightweight Tipi is roomy, storm worthy and offers stand up & walk around space. A truly sustainable backcountry home, great for family camping, late season hunting, winter adventures or a base camp. It is capable of sleeping up to eight with minimal gear, or four people with a stove.
Handmade in Grand Junction, CO.
- Ultra HD Tent Fabric
- Sod Skirt
- SO Stake Loops
- Guyout Loops
- Dual Zippered Doors With Rain Flaps
- Stove Jack With Rain Flap
- Peak Vent
- Hang Loops
Made in the U.S.A from the best materials sourced both domestic and globally
- Canopy - 68 oz / 4 lb 4 oz
- Complete weight - canopy, stakes, aluminum pole - 113 oz / 7 lb 1 oz
- Dual screens add 11 oz
- Carbon Pole saves 11 oz
- Height 8' 6"
- Diameter 16'
- 195 sq ft
- Shelter canopy
- Stove jack with rain flap
- Aluminum Pole - 6 sections (6 & 8 poles are the same - flip the adjuster section to shorten or lengthen)
- 20 stakes
- Enough seam sealer to seal the shelter (If you pay us to seal it it will not come with sealer)
For detailed pitching instructions please read our detailed Pitch Instructions.
Read Knots You Should Know to learn our favorite ways of rigging cordage to perform tasks. The most common tasks you'll find are:
- Putting a Prusik On The Pole to pitch a nest or rig a dryline for hanging gear.
- Tying guyline or mainline to a tree or branch.
- Connecting line to a guyout.
- Tying off to a stake.
For detailed instructions on how to seal your Tipi, including detailed photos, read Tipi Seam Sealing Step by Step Guide
For best results we recommend seam-sealing your tent. You can do it at home or have us do it for you (adds up to 1 week)(if we seal the shelter it will be shipped without extra tubes of sealant):
- Our Tipis and Backpacking Tents are sent out with enough seam sealer to seal the entire shelter.
- Seal the outside seams, but do it from the inside - pitching the tipi inside out allows you to reach all of the seams.
- The easy way to seal is to run a thin bead of sealant along the seam, then press it in with a finger, wiping the excess on a paper towel.
- Alternatively, you can use an acid brush from a hardware store to spread the sealant.
- Carbon Center Pole
- Mountain Mat
- Two Person Nest
- 8 Person Half Liner
- 8 Person Half Floor
- 8 Person Half Nest
- Tent Accessory Kit
- Ground Tarp
- Reflective Guyline
- Twisted Stakes
INTRO TO HOT TENTS:
The most common questions we get about hot tents are:
- How do you not burn the tent down?
- The stove jack is a high temp fiberglass material rated to several thousand degrees. The tent material never touches the hot pipe. You can get pinholes from floating embers, but a small dab of silicone seals the pinhole and doesn't hurt the shelter.
- How does a floorless shelter work in wet weather?
- Really darn well. Don't pitch in a depression obviously, but the ground inside dries out quickly, and it's super convenient to just walk in with muddy shoes (or dogs) and not worry about getting your floor dirty.
- What about condensation?
- It's single wall, there will be condensation in some conditions. Liners help a lot, as do stoves. Mostly you just have to learn to manage it. Read 5 Ways to Manage Condensation in Seek Outside Tents
- What about carbon monoxide?
- It's truly not a concern. We include a peak vent, plus the shelter will draw air through the zipper and under the sod skirt. If you're still concerned, leave a door unzipped 8" or so at the bottom to allow more venting.
8 Person Standing / Sitting 360 VR
8 Person 360 Look Around