The 12 Person Lightweight Tipi is roomy, storm worthy and offers excellent walk around space. Great for family camping, base camp adventures, and rafting trips. It is capable of sleeping up to 12 with minimal gear, or six people with a stove.
Handmade in Grand Junction, CO.
- Ultra HD Tent Fabric
- Sod Skirt
- SO Stake Loops
- Guyout Loops
- Dual Zippered Doors With Rain Flaps
- Stove Jack With Rain Flap
- Peak Vent
- Hang Loops
Made in the U.S.A from the best materials sourced both domestic and globally
- Canopy - 99 oz / 6 lb 3 oz
- Complete weight - canopy, stakes, aluminum pole - 164 oz / 10 lb 4 oz
- Dual screens add 19 oz
- Height 9' 6"
- Diameter 18' 10"
- 260 sq ft
- Shelter canopy
- Stove jack with rain flap
- Aluminum Pole - 6 sections
- 24 stakes
- Enough seam sealer to seal the shelter (If you pay us to seal it it will not come with sealer)
For detailed pitching instructions please read our detailed Pitch Instructions.
Read Knots You Should Know to learn our favorite ways of rigging cordage to perform tasks. The most common tasks you'll find are:
- Putting a Prusik On The Pole to pitch a nest or rig a dryline for hanging gear.
- Tying guyline or mainline to a tree or branch.
- Connecting line to a guyout.
- Tying off to a stake.
For detailed instructions on how to seal your Tipi, including detailed photos, read Tipi Seam Sealing Step by Step Guide
For best results we recommend seam-sealing your tent. You can do it at home or have us do it for you (adds up to 1 week)(if we seal the shelter it will be shipped without extra tubes of sealant):
- The 12 Person includes enough seam sealer to seal the entire tipi with a tube left over.
- Seal the outside seams, but do it from the inside - pitching the tipi inside out allows you to reach all of the seams.
- The easy way to seal is to run a thin bead of sealant along the seam, then press it in with a finger, wiping the excess on a paper towel.
- Alternatively, you can use an acid brush from a hardware store to spread the sealant.
- Mountain Mat
- Two Person Nest
- 12 Person Half Liner
- 12 Person Half Floor
- Tent Accessory Kit
- Ground Tarp
- Reflective Guyline
- Twisted Stakes
- Stove Size - XL Titanium Stove
- Stovepipe Length - 10.5 to 11 ft
Intro to Hot Tents:
The most common questions we get about hot tents are:
- How do you not burn the tent down?
- The stove jack is a high temp fiberglass material rated to several thousand degrees. The tent material never touches the hot pipe. You can get pinholes from floating embers, but a small dab of silicone seals the pinhole and doesn't hurt the shelter.
- How does a floorless shelter work in wet weather?
- Really darn well. Don't pitch in a depression obviously, but the ground inside dries out quickly, and it's super convenient to just walk in with muddy shoes (or dogs) and not worry about getting your floor dirty.
- What about condensation?
- It's single wall, there will be condensation in some conditions. Liners help a lot, as do stoves. Mostly you just have to learn to manage it. Read 5 Ways to Manage Condensation in Seek Outside Tents
- What about carbon monoxide?
- It's truly not a concern. We include a peak vent, plus the shelter will draw air through the zipper and under the sod skirt. If you're still concerned, leave a door unzipped 8" or so at the bottom to allow more venting.