Hunting Backpacks / Revolution Platform / Goshawk
The Goshawk is based on our popular Fortress pack bag and includes a full side zip and extra compression loops. The Goshawk can utilize our Talon Compression system to change the organization of the pack to match the adventure at hand.
Handmade in Grand Junction, Colorado, USA.
- Revolution Platform - can be used without a packbag, or carry a load between the bag and suspension.
- Large rolltop packbag. Extremely lightweight and water resistant design.
- Dual water bottle pockets with shock cord closure. Cord is user replaceable for long service life.
- Versatile compression system utilizing Gatekeeper hardware. Use it, lose it, or move it.
- Three horizontal compression straps on each side.
- One over-the-top "V" compression strap.
- Two lower load shelf compression straps.
Seek Outside Hunting Backpacks:
Our goal is to build the best hunting backpacks in the world.
That's easy to say, everyone says it. But what does it mean? What criteria do you judge a thing like that by?
For us it starts with heavy load comfort and durability. Hauling elk quarters or a boned out deer stresses every part of a pack, so every part of our packs use top shelf materials and the strongest construction methods we can dream up.
Our stiff frame and hipbelt operate differently from other makers, and honestly our belts slip less under heavy loads. Our packs are rated to 100+ lbs and have carried well past 150 lb loads.
Body types and tastes differ, but we and many of our customers believe our packs to be the best with big loads.
How do you make a heavy load pack not feel like a backbrace with a day load? With an articulating frame. Under light loads our frame moves with you. It feels like it disappears.
We make the lightest weight hunting backpacks available. Why is this important? It's not if you hunt the flatlands. It becomes important when you're gaining 3,000 feet in a mile and a half and the fun factor cratered an hour ago. People who have suffered - really suffered - under heavy loads in the steeps know that weight matters.
Tall frames are great for heavy loads. Shorter frames are good for day hunting. Our packs do both. With adjustable frame height you can hunt with a 24" frame while slipping through timber, and then if you get an animal down change the frame height to 26" or 28" - without tools, in the field, in two minutes. No one else does this.
We hate raincovers. They are unneeded weight, noisy, messy, just an all around disaster. We make our packbags from X-Pac, a completely waterproof material that eliminates the need for a raincover.
These are the criteria we use to judge our backpacks.
Don't listen to us though, or to anyone else.
Be your own judge.
- Weight - Olive 3 lbs 11 oz.
- Volume - 4800 ci packbag, Base Talon adds 1000 ci, Merlin adds 1400 ci, Load Shelf expansion adds up to 2000 ci more.
- Seek Outside Suspension
- Compression Straps
- Over the top strap
- Adjustable frame, Can be used at 24"- 28" height - Which Frame Height is Right for Me?
- Three hip belt sizes, fits 29 to 42 inch waists
- Shoulder harness easily adjusts to fit 15" - 22" torsos.
Rain Cover / Seam Sealing:
- For instructions, check out our video Seam Sealing a Backpack.
- Main pack bag is made of X-Pac™ waterproof material and features a waterproof rolltop closure. Seam sealing the outside seams is recommended for exceptionally wet environments.
- Water can penetrate the side zipper, but usually not in a rain situation with the pack upright - the zipper flap does an excellent job of repelling rain.
- Waterproof stuff sacks are recommended for exceptionally rainy conditions, and drybags for submersion or severely wet conditions such as bushwacking or canyoneering.
- Side pockets are 500D Cordura and are not waterproof.
- All bear cans will fit horizontally at any location in the Goshawk. Go nuts.
- Suspension is 500D Cordura and 3D mesh. Hypalon and 500D Cordura reinforcements
- Expedition Olive (X42) is a 420 denier plain weave with a 200 psi PET laminate
- Constant 40" circumference
- 37" unrolled height
- 35" max height when closed
RECOMMENDED USE: BACKPACK HUNTING, BACKPACK SHEEP HUNTING, BACKPACK ELK HUNTING, PACK RAFTING, EPIC ADVENTURING