8 Person Tipi - Stove - Liner Bundle
See More Images +
See Fewer Images -
8 Person Tipi - Stove - Liner Bundle
The 8 Person Hot Tent Bundle is the best winter tent with stove for comfort camping, sleeping up to four people with a wood burning tent stove, or up to eight without a stove.
Select from our SXL or XL Titanium Wood Stoves, adding comfort, cooking, and the ability to dry wet gear. The included half liner turns half the shelter into a double wall tent, catching any condensation drips and keeping your sleeping area dry. Our hot tent combos can turn miserable weather into an enjoyable trip in the backcountry.
All of our gear uses the best fabrics and materials we can source, is made in-house by experts at their craft, and is backed by our outstanding warranty.
Handmade in Grand Junction, CO.
For availability, check out our Lead Times
- Brown - brighter.
- Green - more muted, blends well.
- Light penetration is equal.
- Sewn in screens keep out flying insects (mosquitoes, flies, yellow jackets) and allow you to vent thru the shelter.
- Screens cannot be added after the shelter is built.
- Screens add 11 oz.
- If you prefer total bug protection (spiders, ticks, mosquitoes) then add a nest.
- SXL is 10 oz lighter than the XL.
- XL fire box is 2.25" taller than SXL.
- Deciding: XL accepts larger wood (less wood prep), and throws more heat, but comes at a 10 oz weight penalty.
- One half liner included. Turns half the shelter into a double wall tent. Place sleeping gear under liner and be free from condensation drips.
- Second half liner optional. Line the entire shelter, except the area under the doors. Adds 16 oz.
- Ultra HD Tent Fabric
- Sod Skirt
- SO Stake Loops
- Guyout Loops
- Dual Zippered Doors With Rain Flaps
- Stove Jack With Rain Flap
- Peak Vent
- Hang Loops
- Titanium Construction
- Intake Control
- Damper & Integrated Spark Arrestor
- Sliding Door
- Easy Assembly
Made in the U.S.A from the best materials sourced both domestic and globally
- Combo Weight:
- Updated Complete with SXL Stove - 196 oz / 12 lb 4 oz
- Updated Complete with XL Stove - 206 oz / 12 lb 14 oz
- Dual Screens add 11 oz
- Carbon Pole saves 11 oz
- Second liner adds 16 oz
- Tipi Weight:
- Canopy - 68 oz / 4 lb 4 oz
- Updated Complete weight - canopy, stakes, aluminum pole - 122 oz / 7 lb 10 oz
- Tipi Dimensions:
- Height 8' 6"
- Diameter 16'
- 195 sq ft
- Sitting Room (Area taller than 36") - 84 sqft
- Standing Room (Area taller than 6 ft) - 27 sqft
- Stove Weights
- SXL Complete with damper, legs, hardware, and storage bag is 40 oz / 2 lb 8 oz
- XL - Complete with damper, legs, hardware, and storage bag is 50 oz / 3 lb 2 oz
- Stove Pipe - 2 oz / foot - 9 ft = 18 oz
- SXL or XL Titanium Wood Stove, your choice.
- 9 feet of roll up stovepipe
- Pipe rings
- Spark Arrestor
- Intake Control
- Storage Bag
- Eight Person Tipi
- Shelter canopy
- Stove jack with rain flap
- Aluminum Pole - 6 sections (6 & 8 poles are the same - flip the adjuster section to shorten or lengthen)
- NEW For 2021: We now send this tent with 10 twisted stakes and 10 standard stakes.
- Enough seam sealer to seal the shelter (if you don't have us do it)
- Stuff Sacks
- Half Liner
- Liners turn half the shelter into a double wall tent, eliminating condensation drips.
For detailed pitching instructions please read our detailed Pitch Instructions.
For detailed instructions on how to seal your Tipi, including detailed photos, read Tipi Seam Sealing Step by Step Guide
For best results we recommend seam-sealing your tent. You can do it at home or have us do it for you (adds up to 1 week)(if we seal the shelter it will be shipped without extra tubes of sealant):
- The 8 Person includes enough seam sealer to seal the entire tipi.
- Seal the outside seams, but do it from the inside - pitching the tipi inside out allows you to reach all of the seams.
- The easy way to seal is to run a thin bead of sealant along the seam, then press it in with a finger, wiping the excess on a paper towel.
- Alternatively, you can use an acid brush from a hardware store to spread the sealant.
- 8 Person Half Liner
- 8 Person Half Floor
- Carbon Center Pole
- Mountain Mat
- Two Person Nest
- 8 Person Half Nest
- Ground Tarp
- Reflective Guyline
- Twisted Stakes
INTRO TO HOT TENTS:
The most common questions we get about hot tents are:
- How do you not burn the tent down?
- The stove jack is a high temp fiberglass material rated to several thousand degrees. The tent material never touches the hot pipe. You can get pinholes from floating embers, but a small dab of silicone seals the pinhole and doesn't hurt the shelter.
- How does a floorless shelter work in wet weather?
- Really darn well. Don't pitch in a depression obviously, but the ground inside dries out quickly, and it's super convenient to just walk in with muddy shoes (or dogs) and not worry about getting your floor dirty.
- What about condensation?
- It's single wall, there will be condensation in some conditions. Liners help a lot, as do stoves. Mostly you just have to learn to manage it. Read 5 Ways to Manage Condensation in Seek Outside Tents
- What about carbon monoxide?
- It's truly not a concern. We include a peak vent, plus the shelter will draw air through the zipper and under the sod skirt. If you're still concerned, leave a door unzipped 8" or so at the bottom to allow more venting.