4 Person Tipi
See More Images +
See Fewer Images -
4 Person Tipi
The Four Person Tipi is roomy and storm worthy. Extremely lightweight for the square footage, this tipi is a palace for solo use. It is capable of sleeping up to four with minimal gear, but it is better suited to the luxurious solo trekker, or for two with late season or winter gear.
Handmade in Grand Junction, CO.
- Ultra HD Tent Fabric
- Sod Skirt
- SO Stake Loops
- Guyout Loops
- Dual Zippered Doors With Rain Flaps
- Stove Jack With Rain Flap
- Peak Vent
- Hang Loops
- Canopy - 53 oz / 3 lb 5 oz
- Complete weight - canopy, stakes, carbon pole - 76 oz / 4 lb 12 oz
- Dual screens add 7 oz
- Height 6' 10″
- Diameter 11' 10"
- 115 sq ft
- Sitting Room (Area taller than 36") - 35 sqft
- Standing Room (Area taller than 6 ft) - 1 sqft
- Shelter canopy
- Stove jack with rain flap
- Carbon Pole - 5 sections
- 20 stakes
- Enough seam sealer to seal the shelter (If you pay us to seal it it will not come with sealer)
For detailed pitching instructions please read our detailed Pitch Instructions.
For detailed instructions on how to seal your Tipi, including detailed photos, read Tipi Seam Sealing Step by Step Guide
For best results we recommend seam-sealing your tent. You can do it at home or have us do it for you (adds up to 1 week)(if we seal the shelter it will be shipped without extra tubes of sealant):
- The 4 Person Tipi includes enough seam sealer to seal the entire tipi.
- Pitch the shelter normally and seal the outside seams.
- The easy way to seal is to run a thin bead of sealant along the seam, then press it in with a finger, wiping the excess on a paper towel.
- Alternatively, you can use an acid brush from a hardware store to spread the sealant.
- Mountain Mat
- Two Person Nest
- 4 Person Half Liner
- Tent Accessory Kit
- Ground Tarp
- Reflective Guyline
- Twisted Stakes
INTRO TO HOT TENTS:
The most common questions we get about hot tents are:
- How do you not burn the tent down?
- The stove jack is a high temp fiberglass material rated to several thousand degrees. The tent material never touches the hot pipe. You can get pinholes from floating embers, but a small dab of silicone seals the pinhole and doesn't hurt the shelter.
- How does a floorless shelter work in wet weather?
- Really darn well. Don't pitch in a depression obviously, but the ground inside dries out quickly, and it's super convenient to just walk in with muddy shoes (or dogs) and not worry about getting your floor dirty.
- What about condensation?
- It's single wall, there will be condensation in some conditions. Liners help a lot, as do stoves. Mostly you just have to learn to manage it. Read 5 Ways to Manage Condensation in Seek Outside Tents
- What about carbon monoxide?
- It's truly not a concern. We include a peak vent, plus the shelter will draw air through the zipper and under the sod skirt. If you're still concerned, leave a door unzipped 8" or so at the bottom to allow more venting.
4 Person Standing / Sitting 360 VR
Defects in manufacturing and material for the practical lifetime of the product. Damage due to wear and tear or misuse will be repaired for a reasonable charge.