How to Roll a Titanium Stove Pipe
Rolling a stove pipe can be difficult the first time, especially if you do not have a friend to help. It can be done solo, by yourself in the backcountry the first time, but you shouldn't. Why? Simply because you may damage it. Once the pipe has been burned in, rolling it by yourself in the back country is simple. Below is a video of two people rolling a stove pipe.
Stove Pipe Tips:
- Using gloves is much safer in the backcountry
- Cleaning out creosote build up is NEVER a bad idea
- You can re-anneal a damaged pipe
How to Re-anneal a Damaged Pipe:
Sometimes pipes get out of alignment or develop a cone shape over time. Here is how to fix it.
- Roll the pipe up the opposite direction
- Stick it on the grill or in the oven at 400 degrees for a few minutes (20 is more than enough)
- Once cooled, carefully re-roll the pipe into the intended shape.