2017 Backcountry Hunters & Anglers Larry Fischer Award
Posted by on 26th Apr 2017
It’s easy to be good at something you love. Passion drives action and persistence. Our passion is the outdoors.
Nature itself and the active enjoyment of it calms troubled spirits and nurtures the soul.
Few things in life give back more to you than that which you put in. The great outdoors is one of the rarities that blesses partakers, asking for nothing in return.
At Seek Outside we make our living manufacturing and selling outdoor gear to outdoor enthusiasts. Our gear is used for backpacking, packrafting, backpack hunting, unsupported traverses, peak bagging, horse packing, family camping, or simply hiking.
All these activities either require or benefit greatly from public land.
Protecting public land is in our heart and in our blood. It’s who we are as a company.
Receiving the 2017 Backcountry Hunters & Anglers Larry Fischer Award is an honor that underscores our commitment to protecting public land access for future generations.
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers works full time to protect our heritage and future of outdoor pursuits by protecting the lands they depend on.
We are deeply honored to be recognized for the work we’ve put in and humbled when looking at the mountain of work still ahead.
Please join us in our love of the outdoors, in our passion for public land, and in our fight to protect them.
What you can do:
- Join Backcountry Hunters & Anglers. They are a nonprofit dedicated to fighting for public land access for hunting and fishing.
- Go sign the Sportsmen’s Access petition to keep public land public. The Petition will send an email to your Representative. This is an easy, easy thing to do.
- Read THIS PAPER published by BHA detailing public land issues, and how most federal land transferred to states in our country’s history is no longer public access.
- Take a look at The Sportsmen’s Alliance. They are dedicated to protecting the rights of hunters and anglers.
- The Wilderness Society fights to protect wild lands.
- Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance has been integral in fighting the Utah Public Lands Initiative, helped to get the Bear’s Ears designated a National Monument, and is currently fighting to keep the Bear’s Ears a Monument.