The Four Person Tipi is our smallest standing height floorless shelter. The Four Person's tipi shape makes it extremely weather worthy, and the size makes a comfortable camp for one to four people. Best uses include backpack hunts, pack animal camps, base camps, fly in camps, and winter camping.
This package includes a stove of your choice plus a half liner that effectively turns half the shelter into a double wall tent, eliminating condensation drips.
All of our gear uses the best fabrics and materials we can source, is made in-house by experts at their craft, and is backed by our outstanding warranty.
Handmade in Grand Junction, CO.
- Brown - brighter.
- Green - more muted, blends well.
- Light penetration is equal.
- Sewn in screens keep out flying insects (mosquitoes, flies, yellow jackets) and allow you to vent thru the shelter.
- Screens cannot be added after the shelter is built.
- Screens add 7 oz.
- If you prefer total bug protection (spiders, ticks, mosquitoes) then add a nest.
- Medium is 4 oz lighter than the Large.
- Large fire box is 3.75" longer than Medium.
- Decision: Large accepts longer wood (less wood prep), and throws more heat, but comes at a 4 oz weight penalty.
- Ultra HD Tent Fabric
- Sod Skirt
- SO Stake Loops
- Guyout Loops
- Dual Zippered Doors With Rain Flaps
- Stove Jack With Rain Flap
- Peak Vent
- Hang Loops
- Titanium Construction
- Intake Control
- Damper & Integrated Spark Arrestor
- Sliding Door
- Easy Assembly
- Combo Weight:
- Complete with Large Stove - 132 oz / 8 lbs 4 oz
- Complete with SXL Stove - 136 oz / 8 lbs 8 oz
- Dual Screens add 7 oz
- Tipi Weight:
- Canopy - 53 oz / 3 lb 5 oz
- Complete weight - canopy, stakes, carbon pole - 76 oz / 4 lb 12 oz
- Tipi Dimensions:
- Height 6' 10″
- Diameter 11' 10"
- 115 sq ft
- Stove Weights
- Medium Complete with damper, legs, hardware, and storage bag is 31 oz / 1 lb 15 oz
- Large Complete with damper, legs, hardware, and storage bag is 35oz / 2 lb 3 oz
- Stove Pipe - 2 oz / foot - 7.5 ft = 15 oz
- Medium or Large Titanium Wood Stove, your choice.
- 7.5 feet of roll up titanium stovepipe
- Pipe rings
- Spark Arrestor
- Intake Control
- Storage Bag
- Four Person Tipi
- Shelter canopy
- Stove jack with rain flap
- Carbon Pole - 5 sections
- 20 stakes
- Enough seam sealer to seal the shelter and have some left over.
- Stuff Sacks
- Half Liner
- Liners turn half the shelter into a double wall tent, eliminating condensation drips.
- Add a second liner and line the entire shelter, except the area under the doors. Adds 10 oz.
For detailed pitching instructions please read our detailed Pitch Instructions.
For detailed instructions on how to seal your Tipi, including detailed photos, read Tipi Seam Sealing Step by Step Guide
For best results we recommend seam-sealing your tent. You can do it at home or have us do it for you (adds up to 1 week)(if we seal the shelter it will be shipped without extra tubes of sealant):
- The Four Person Tipi Person includes enough seam sealer to seal the entire tipi with a tube left over.
- Seal the outside seams, but do it from the inside - pitching the tipi inside out allows you to reach all of the seams.
- The easy way to seal is to run a thin bead of sealant along the seam, then press it in with a finger, wiping the excess on a paper towel.
- Alternatively, you can use an acid brush from a hardware store to spread the sealant.
- Mountain Mat
- Two Person Nest
- 4 Person Half Liner
- Tent Accessory Kit
- Ground Tarp
- Reflective Guyline
- Twisted Stakes
INTRO TO HOT TENTS:
The most common questions we get about hot tents are:
- How do you not burn the tent down?
- The stove jack is a high temp fiberglass material rated to several thousand degrees. The tent material never touches the hot pipe. You can get pinholes from floating embers, but a small dab of silicone seals the pinhole and doesn't hurt the shelter.
- How does a floorless shelter work in wet weather?
- Really darn well. Don't pitch in a depression obviously, but the ground inside dries out quickly, and it's super convenient to just walk in with muddy shoes (or dogs) and not worry about getting your floor dirty.
- What about condensation?
- It's single wall, there will be condensation in some conditions. Liners help a lot, as do stoves. Mostly you just have to learn to manage it. Read 5 Ways to Manage Condensation in Seek Outside Tents
- What about carbon monoxide?
- It's truly not a concern. We include a peak vent, plus the shelter will draw air through the zipper and under the sod skirt. If you're still concerned, leave a door unzipped 8" or so at the bottom to allow more venting.