Ultralight Backpacks Overview:
The Paradox Evolution is a revolutionary ultralight backpack system that provides the load hauling capability of an external frame pack, with the comfort and carry of an internal frame pack. Unmatched load carriage is accomplished through a combination of articulation and vertical stiffness. The articulation means the pack moves with your body while the stiff vertical suspension provides the support needed to carry well over 100 lbs. Constructed of durable materials, the modular pack frame system is capable of handling the most extreme usage. The modularity allows you to change backpack bags and compression panels (Talons) to tailor the pack to your specific trip. Waterproof backpack materials such as XPAC mean your pack won’t gain excess weight when wet weather hits.
These packs boast an impressive weight to capability ratio, with weights as low as 2.5 lbs and rarely over 4.5 lbs (depending on the configuration and choice of materials). Most users will have plenty of space, capability and durability with configurations that weigh 3 to 3.5 lbs. This means these backpacks work well as a lightweight expedition backpack, thru hiking backpack or ultra lightweight hunting backpack. The packs provide you with all the benefits of a modular frame pack, while providing the comfort and carry of traditional internal framed packs at an ultralight backpack weight.
Testing was done over many miles and many hours, and with loads as high as 156 lbs (for a short time). We tested high stress, high load areas and reinforce these areas with metal components, box stitching and bar tacks. We thoroughly tested the backpack frame and components throughout however, we still built the Paradox so that every single piece is easily replaced should it ever wear out. This backpack should provide many many years of hard use.
The Paradox backpack pack system offers:
- Comfort – Load responsive articulation, combined with vertical stiffness provides a backpack suspension that is comfortable across all load ranges, from 15 lbs to 150 lbs.
- Efficiency – A lightweight backpack allows you to travel with less expended energy. We use materials that are waterproof, durable, and have an excellent strength to weight ratio.
- Durability – Our backpacks will stand up to years of hard use and componets are easily replaceable.
- Modularity – Interchangeable backpack bags, talons, and accessories make it possible to customize your pack for nearly any application.
Evolution Backpack Suspension:
The Patent Pending Hybrid Evolution backpack suspension is an ultralight backpacking platform capable of comfort across all load ranges including extreme backpack hunting loads.
- Load Responsive Articulating Frame - The frame is made from extremely strong 6061 T6 tubular aircraft aluminum which provides a stable platform for extreme loads. We added breakthrough articulation that allows the frame to move with you at light loads. The result is a heavy load capable pack that is more comfortable with 15 lbs than most daypacks, and more comfortable at 100+ lbs than any pack on the market.
- Adjustable Frame Height - Frame extensions allow you to use their frame at either 24″ or 28″ heights. 24″ is more comfortable as a daypack or when going through and under brush. 28″ is more comfortable at heavy loads because it steepens the load lifter angle and allows you to raise the load’s center of gravity up between your shoulder blades.
- Hipbelt - The hipbelt is light, pliable, and articulates – allowing it to grip your body and conform perfectly to your lumbar shape. Our triple-density laminated foam provides cushioning, support, sweat migration, and increased surface area resulting in a belt that is comfortable at both light and heavy loads – and does not slip.
- Integrated Compression - The Evolution backpack frame can be used by itself as a packframe or dry bag hauler with the integrated compression straps, or paired with a pack bag of your choice to meet your needs. You can build an ultralight bag hauler, a waterproof expedition sized pack, or anything in between.
- Sizing - The backpack suspension can be sized to fit 16 inch Torso to 22 inch Torso. We can customize for a small frame if desired.
Compression System Overview:
The Evolution backpack suspension includes integrated compression straps and a load shelf. Compression panels (Talons) are designed to integrate with this system to provide a more modular ultralight backpack system. We offer basic Talons in a choice of colors and fabrics as well as full featured Day Talons which are a lightweight day hiking backpack with several integrated storage options.
- Integrated Compression - The Compression system is always a part of the frame system. It is highly adaptable and capable of carrying loads over 150 lbs. It consists of 3 horizontal straps with mating buckles and a load Cordura load shelf.
- Talon Compression Panels - Talon Compression Panels provide the capability to add on storage, change colors (for instance Blaze Orange to MultiCam) or change out to a daypack.
Backpack Pack Bags:
Our lightweight backpack bags are designed for efficient travel. They are lightweight, functional and utilize waterproof materials such as X-Pac VX21 and expedition grade XPAC VX33. We cut our backpack bags with an inverse taper that facilitates proper load distribution. Pack bags do not feature hydration ports, but we offer hang loops so you can carry a hydration bladder between the pack bag and the frame. The Stone Gray is a nice neutral color, while the Multicam is better when used as a hunting backpack. We also offer Blaze orange Base Talons, so this ultralight backpack system is capable for all season usage be it summertime backpacking, ultralight backpack hunting or winter backpacking.
- Rolltop closure
- Two water bottle pockets
- Standard Configuration:
- Dual water bottle pockets
- Dual ice axe loops
- Over the top straps
- No top lid
- Capacity: 4800 ci / 78L
- 4300 ci / 70L pack bag, 500 ci / 8L water bottle pockets
- VX21 X-Pac – 14 oz
- VX33 X-Pac – 17 oz
- Tan 210D 10 oz
6300 Dual Draw string with Lid
- Dual drawstring backpack closure with snow collar
- Standard backpack configuration:
- Dual water bottle pockets
- Dual ice axe loops
- Flat top lid
- Side zipper for easy pack bag access
- Capacity: 6300 ci / 103 L
- 4200 ci / 69L pack bag, 1600 ci / 26L snow collar, 500 ci / 8L water bottle pockets
- VX21 X-Pac – 16.1 oz
- VX33 X-Pac – 20.1 oz
The specifications are as follows:
- Load Limit – Over 150 lbs
- Suspension Weight (Includes Frame, Hipbelt, Harness, Encasements, Load Sling, Compression Straps – 2 lbs 6 ounces
- Talon Compression Panels – 5 ounces add one once for Multi Cam
- Pack Bags
- 4800 Roll Top – Stone Gray VX21 15 Ounces)
- 4800 Roll Top – Desert Tan 210 D (10 Ounces)
- 4800 Roll Top – Multi Cam VX33 (17 Ounces)
- 6300 Dual Draw String – Stone Gray VX 21 (21 including lid)
- 6300 Dual Draw String - Multi Cam VX33 (25 including lid)
- Side Zip Option adds 1 Ounce to each pack bag.
- Day Talon – 13 ounces
- Evo Suspension – 4800 Roll Top in Stone Gray and Base Talon ( 3 lbs 10 ounces)
- Evo Suspension – 6300 Roll Top in Stone Gray and Base Talon ( 3 lbs 15 ounces)
- Evo Suspension – Base Talon (2 lbs 11 ounces)
- Evo Suspension – 6300 Roll Top – Day Talon (4 lbs 6 ounces)
Day Talon adds 8 ounces. Multi Cam VX33 adds 2 – 4 ounces. Desert Tan 4800 Roll Top is 5 ounces less.
The lightweight Gateway Front Pack was designed with efficiency in mind. This lightweight front pack allows you to carry most of the items that you may want immediately available. Items that you previously may have carried in a backpack lid, but the Gateway Front Pack is just a fraction of the weight of most backpack lids. Since items are immediately accessible, you don’t need to take of your pack to access items like snacks, water, or navigation. This front pack, is also great if you have heavy loads, and want to avoid having to shoulder the load to get a drink of water or snack. There will be an attachment made available that allows the Gateway front pack to be used on it’s own for short hikes away from base camps. Since the pack is essentially waterproof, it’s great for items like fire kits, or headlamps as well. Sweat build up is minimal in most climates, and can be mitigated by adjusting it to ride a little looser. The Gateway front pack connects and disconnects in seconds via 3/4 inch buckles.