Guardian - Stove Bundle
See More Images +
See Fewer Images -
Guardian - Stove Bundle
Bundle and save 7% off each item!
The Guardian is an ultralight two person hot tent that is lightweight enough for solo use.
If some of your trips are solo and some are with a partner, and your pursuits range into cold weather, then the Guardian is a good fit for you.
The Guardian pitches with two trekking poles and the small footprint means you can squeeze it into tight spots. Careful catenary cuts allow for good seam tension which translates to wind and weather performance. The doors open taller than the Eolus, which gives easier entry and exit.
Our patented Zipperless Doors make this tent easy to use, plus more durable and lighter weight than most.
Handmade in Grand Junction, CO.
- U-Turn Medium (with stove pipe) is 8 oz lighter than Standard Medium
- U-Turn stoves feature ultralight sides and back.
- Decision: U-Turns save weight vs Standards, but will be slightly less durable over years of hard use.
- Dual zipper-less doors
- stove jack with rain flap
- Line loc cordage stake loops. Adjustable pitch height
- Two external guy out points - use to steepen walls
- Titanium Construction
- Intake Control
- Damper & Integrated Spark Arrestor
- Sliding Door
- Easy Assembly
- Combo Weight:
- Complete with Medium U-turn Stove & 5.5ft of pipe - 64.25 oz / 4 lbs .25 oz
- Complete with Medium standard Stove - 72.25 oz / 4 lbs 8.25
- Canopy Weight:
- Complete weight - canopy, stakes, stuff sack, & cordage - 33 oz / 2 lb 1 oz
- Canopy Dimensions:
- Height - 51"
- Door to door - 142"
- Width - 110"
- 70 sqft total area,
- 45 sqft sleeping area
- Stove Weights
- Medium standard complete with damper, legs, hardware, and storage bag is 31 oz / 1 lb 15 oz
- Medium U-Turn complete with damper, legs, hardware, and storage bag is 23 oz / 1lb 7 oz
- Sleeps 2 without stove
- Sleeps 1 with stove
- Need one size bigger? See the Cimarron light Bundle
- Ultralight Titanium Wood Stove
- Medium standard or medium U-turn stove, your choice.
- 5.5 feet of roll up titanium stovepipe
- Pipe rings
- Spark Arrestor
- Intake Control
- Storage Bag
- Storage Tube comes with U-Turn Stove
- Shelter canopy
- Stove jack with rain flap
- Optional carbon pole(s)
- 8 stakes
- Enough seam sealer to seal the shelter and have some left over.
- Stuff Sacks
For best results we recommend seam-sealing your tent. You can do it at home or have us do it for you (adds up to one week)(if we seal the shelter it will be shipped without extra tubes of sealant):
- Our shelters are shipped with enough seam sealer to seal the entire tipi.
- Seal the outside seams, but do it from the inside - pitching the tipi inside out allows you to reach all of the seams.
- The easy way to seal is to run a thin bead of sealant along the seam, then press it in with a finger, wiping the excess on a paper towel.
- Alternatively, you can use an acid brush from a hardware store to spread the sealant.
INTRO TO HOT TENTS:
The most common questions we get about hot tents are:
- How do you not burn the tent down?
- The stove jack is a high temp fiberglass material rated to several thousand degrees. The tent material never touches the hot pipe. You can get pinholes from floating embers, but a small dab of silicone seals the pinhole and doesn't hurt the shelter.
- How does a floorless shelter work in wet weather?
- Really darn well. Don't pitch in a depression obviously, but the ground inside dries out quickly, and it's super convenient to just walk in with muddy shoes (or dogs) and not worry about getting your floor dirty.
- What about condensation?
- It's single wall, there will be condensation in some conditions. Liners help a lot, as do stoves. Mostly you just have to learn to manage it. Read 5 Ways to Manage Condensation in Seek Outside Tents
- What about carbon monoxide?
- It's truly not a concern. We include a peak vent, plus the shelter will draw air through the zipper and under the sod skirt. If you're still concerned, leave a door unzipped 8" or so at the bottom to allow more venting.
Defects in manufacturing and material for the practical lifetime of the product. Damage due to wear and tear or misuse will be repaired for a reasonable charge.