The Redcliff Light is a pyramid / tipi hybrid suitable for sleeping 3 - 6 adults. It uses a single door, adjustable line loc stakeout points, that allow the tent to be pitched tight to the ground or off the ground. We've also added a guy out point where the second zipper used to live. Capable of using a nest on each end and/or liners, the Redcliff Light easily adapts to every season. With its rectangular footprint the Redcliff Light pitches faster than a tipi and its angular panels shed weather better than a plain pyramid. A steep, symmetrical profile and integrated sod skirts further enhance weather resistance. The Redcliff is equally at home as a base camping shelter while hunting, or a ultralight backpacking shelter when shared by a larger group.
Handmade in Grand Junction, CO.
- Ultra HD Tent Fabric
- Sod Skirt
- Line Loc with Cordage Stake Outs
- One Zippered Door With Rain Flaps
- Stove Jack With Rain Flap
- Peak Vent
- Hang Loops
- Seven Guyout Points
Redcliff Light Differences:
Single Entry, Stove Located opposite Entry, Integrated Line Locs and Cordage . This provides a sleeping arrangement some may prefer as well as saves a few ounces.
- Canopy - 50 oz / 3 lb 2 oz
- Complete weight - canopy, stakes, carbon pole - 78 oz / 4 lb 9 oz
- Door screen adds 4 oz
- Height 6' 10″
- 102" by 156" footprint (corner to corner), 130" by 178" center to center
- 132 sq ft
- Sitting Room (Area taller than 36") - 41 sqft
- Standing Room (Area taller than 6 ft) - 2 sqft
- Shelter canopy
- Stove jack with rain flap
- Carbon Pole - 5 sections
- 12 stakes
- Enough seam sealer to seal the shelter (If you pay us to seal it it will not come with sealer)
The Redcliff is a rectangle based structure and is therefore easy to pitch.
- Pick your sleeping area and desired door location - this dictates how you pitch the shelter.
- Stake the four corners in a rectangle, making sure the angles are as square and true as possible. Do not overstretch the fabric or you will result in a bell shape at the bottom that reduces interior space.
- Make sure vent is open or closed, stovejack is open or closed, as desired. (Harder to reach once pole is up)
- Insert the pole and raise the shelter.
- Stake out the doors.
- Stake out the seams near the doors.
- Use the guylines on each end to stabilize and increase interior space.
For best results we recommend seam-sealing your tent. You can do it at home or have us do it for you (adds 2-3 weeks)(if we seal the shelter it will be shipped without extra tubes of sealant):
- The Redcliff includes enough seam sealer to seal the entire tipi.
- Pitch the shelter normally and seal the outside seams.
- The easy way to seal is to run a thin bead of sealant along the seam, then press it in with a finger, wiping the excess on a paper towel.
- Alternatively, you can use an acid brush from a hardware store to spread the sealant.
- Redcliff Half Liner
- Redcliff Half Nest
- Two Person Nest
- Tent Accessory Kit
- Matty McMat Face
- Ground Sheet
- Reflective Guyline
- Twisted Stakes
INTRO TO HOT TENTS:
The most common questions we get about hot tents are:
- How do you not burn the tent down?
- The stove jack is a high temp fiberglass material rated to several thousand degrees. The tent material never touches the hot pipe. You can get pinholes from floating embers, but a small dab of silicone seals the pinhole and doesn't hurt the shelter.
- How does a floorless shelter work in wet weather?
- Really darn well. Don't pitch in a depression obviously, but the ground inside dries out quickly, and it's super convenient to just walk in with muddy shoes (or dogs) and not worry about getting your floor dirty.
- What about condensation?
- It's single wall, there will be condensation in some conditions. Liners help a lot, as do stoves. Mostly you just have to learn to manage it. Read 5 Ways to Manage Condensation in Seek Outside Tents
- What about carbon monoxide?
- It's truly not a concern. We include a peak vent, plus the shelter will draw air through the zipper and under the sod skirt. If you're still concerned, leave a door unzipped 8" or so at the bottom to allow more venting.
Redcliff 360 VR
Redcliff Standing and Sitting 360 VR
Redcliff 360 Look Around