We aim to build the best backpacks in the world. A result of this goal are periodic updates to our backpack lineup. We're really excited about these changes and introductions. They reduce weight, add function, and some of the new products being developed are truly compelling.
- Hardware: Our compression hardware is changing from Side Release buckles and Bachelor Buckles to Gatekeepers. This new bit of gear is lighter, stronger, stays put, compresses better, and it can be removable. See video below.
- Dual Buckle Belt: Replaces our 1.5" single buckle belt closure with two 1" buckles. This change allows for custom top and bottom tension on the belt to fit different body types, and it makes the belt more survivable because these buckles are user replaceable and easy to source. See video below.
- Removable Lumbar Pad : Our belt fits most body types really well, but those with deep lumbars, curvy backs, and muscular builds will benefit from this removable lumbar pad. It doesn't change the belt, but does change the way it fits. Can be used with the belt captured by the frame attachment to increase effective frame height by 1-2 inches. See video below.
- Captured Belt : Run the lower frame hold down around the belt instead of behind it and capture the belt. Add a lumbar pad and the belt feels very different, fitting some better. See video below.
- Tan Suspension: Expedition Olive backpacks will now ship with tan hipbelt and shoulder harness. This color blends well with Olive. Shown in videos below.
- Merlin: A larger Daypack Talon, around 1400 ci, 14 oz, with three well thought out pockets. We are really excited about this pack. It's big enough to use as an every day backpack (fits a standard laptop), it can compress a packbag, add volume for longer trips, or you can use it with a Revolution as an ultralight day hunting setup with the ability to pack meat in comfort. The Merlin uses our new Gatekeeper hardware, and you will need to purchase a set of Gatekeepers to use the Merlin on an older pack. Seek Outside Merlin
Revised Products available soon
- Peregrine: Sized for day hunts, overnights, or 3 days for a minimalist, the Peregrine will feature two large side pockets big enough for optics, plenty of organization, flexible compression options and a hydro port.
- Precipice: Will be renamed, receive a few improvements, but be conceptually similar.
New Products Coming Soon:
- Brooks: Unsupported two week sheep hunt in Alaska? The Brooks will be your pack of choice. Giant volume, great organization, incredible compression. Enough capacity for a family of five on a week's backpack trip plus a sleek daypack, all in one.
- Bottle Holster: This PALS compatible bottle holster will allow you to carry a nalgene on your hipbelt.