Cimarron Pyramid Tent
See More Images +
See Fewer Images -
Cimarron Pyramid Tent
The Cimarron is the classic pyramid tent reimagined, strengthened, and redefined. Carefully built from top quality, resilient 30 Denier Cordura Nylon, the Cimarron is the one shelter for all your human powered backcountry needs. Capable of fitting four adults, and luxurious for two with lots of gear and a wood stove, the Cimarron pitches fast and easy, sheds weather, and will be a reliable companion for many years.
Handmade in Grand Junction, CO.
- Ultra HD Tent Fabric
- Sod Skirt
- SO Stake Loops
- Dual Zippered Doors With Rain Flaps
- Stove Jack With Rain Flap (Optional)
- Peak Vent
- Two Guyout Points
- Canopy - 39 oz / 2 lb 7 oz
- Complete weight - canopy, stakes, carbon pole - 55 oz / 3 lb 7 oz
- Dual screens add 10 oz
- Height 6'
- Width 8' 6" (Max 9' 6 "ft center)
- Length 9'6" (11' 8" ft max center)
- 94 sqft floor area
- 23 sqft sitting area (height above 36")
The Cimarron is a rectangle based structure and is therefore easy to pitch.
- Pick your sleeping area and desired door location - this dictates how you pitch the shelter.
- Stake the four corners in a rectangle, making sure the angles are as square and true as possible. Do not overstretch the fabric or you will result in a bell shape at the bottom that reduces interior space.
- Make sure vent is open or closed, stovejack is open or closed, as desired. (Harder to reach once pole is up)
- Insert the pole and raise the shelter.
- Stake out the doors.
- Use the guylines on each end to stabilize and increase interior space.
For best results we recommend seam-sealing your tent. You can do it at home or have us do it for you (adds up to one week)(if we seal the shelter it will be shipped without extra tubes of sealant):
- The Cimarron includes enough seam sealer to seal the entire tipi.
- Pitch the shelter normally and seal the outside seams.
- The easy way to seal is to run a thin bead of sealant along the seam, then press it in with a finger, wiping the excess on a paper towel.
- Alternatively, you can use an acid brush from a hardware store to spread the sealant.
- Mountain Mat
- Cimarron Carbon Pole
- Trekking Pole Hitch
- Two Person Nest
- Cimarron Half Nest
- Cimarron Full Nest
- Tipi Seam Sealing
- Ground Tarp
- Reflective Guyline
- Twisted Stakes
INTRO TO HOT TENTS:
The most common questions we get about hot tents are:
- How do you not burn the tent down?
- The stove jack is a high temp fiberglass material rated to several thousand degrees. The tent material never touches the hot pipe. You can get pinholes from floating embers, but a small dab of silicone seals the pinhole and doesn't hurt the shelter.
- How does a floorless shelter work in wet weather?
- Really darn well. Don't pitch in a depression obviously, but the ground inside dries out quickly, and it's super convenient to just walk in with muddy shoes (or dogs) and not worry about getting your floor dirty.
- What about condensation?
- It's single wall, there will be condensation in some conditions. Liners help a lot, as do stoves. Mostly you just have to learn to manage it. Read 5 Ways to Manage Condensation in Seek Outside Tents
- What about carbon monoxide?
- It's truly not a concern. We include a peak vent, plus the shelter will draw air through the zipper and under the sod skirt. If you're still concerned, leave a door unzipped 8" or so at the bottom to allow more venting.
- Does the Cimarron have interior hang loops for drying?
- The method we prefer is a prusik knot on the pole for both drying heavy gear and attaching a nest. The prusik on a pole method is strong and secure.
- Why doesn't the Cimarron have corner guy outs?
- The Cimarron is not a normal pyramid / mid shelter like others have produced before. It has slight shaping and a different seam construction that provides better seam integrity and less stretch at the corners. We do put guy outs where they make sense and provide a usability and performance benefit. In our testing, and due to the way the Cimarron is designed we feel corner guy out locations are a detriment not a benefit.
- Shelter canopy
- 10 stakes
- Seam Sealer
Cimarron 360 VR
Defects in manufacturing and material for the practical lifetime of the product. Damage due to wear and tear or misuse will be repaired for a reasonable charge.