Cimarron Light 4p (Single Door)
See More Images +
See Fewer Images -
Cimarron Light 4p (Single Door)
The Cimarron Light Single Door is a lighter version of our most popular Cimarron. By ditching a door zipper and replacing the stake loops for the adjustable line loc stakeouts, the Cimarron Light sheds up to 6 ounces and can be pitched tight to the ground or off the ground. We added a guy out point where the second zipper used to live and moved the stove jack position to the rear center of the tent. Fit up to four adults, or enjoy luxurious space when camping with two and a wood stove. Handmade in Grand Junction, CO.
For availability, check out our Lead Times
- 10 Line Loc Stake Points to allow pitch mobility for increased ventilation
- Sod Skirt to keep out dirt, debris, and insects
- Single Zippered Door with Rain Flap for waterproofing and single side entry
- Stove Jack with Rain Flap for using Wood Burning Stoves. Note: The stove jack position on the Cimarron Light Single Door is centered behind the center pole.
- Peak Vent for ventilation and preventing condensation buildup
- Three Guyout Points for added stability in high winds or inclement weather
- Optional Carbon Pole - For pitching with trekking poles, see trekking pole hitch
SEE HOW IT'S DIFFERENT THAN THE CIMARRON:
- Canopy - 35 oz / 2 lb 3 oz
- Complete weight - canopy, stakes, carbon pole - 51 oz / 3 lb 3 oz
- Door screen adds 4 oz
- Height: 6'
- Width: 8' 6" (9' 6" center)
- Length: 9'6" (11' 8" center)
- Square Feet: 94
- Square Feet sitting area (height above 36"): 23
- Sage Green 30 Denier Nylon 6.6 Ripstop
- 3000 mm hydrostatic head
- 33% more abrasion resistant than nylon 6
- Ripstop woven, Silicone coated
- Note: The Cimarron Light Uses the same fabric as the Cimarron, just with a Sage Green Dye
- Silicone-coated Fiberglass
- 3,000 f melting point
- Tear and heat resistant material
- VX42 Xpac, Dyneema
- 2 layered fabrics for extreme tear strength
- Fray and Abrasion Resistant
- 10 stakes
- Cordage for Line Locs
- Silnet Seam Sealer
- Choose where you want to sleep and where you want the door to be.
- Stake the corner cordages down in a rectangle shape, ensuring that the angles are as square and true as possible. Avoid overstretching the fabric to prevent a bell-shaped bottom that reduces interior space. Note: You will have to make a knot on the line loc cordage to stake the tent out
- Make sure the vent and stovejack are open or closed as desired before raising the pole, as they may be harder to reach once the pole is up.
- Insert the pole and raise the shelter.
- Stake out the doors.
SEAM SEALING:For best results we recommend seam-sealing your tent. You can do it at home or have us do it for you
- To seal the shelter, pitch it normally and seal the outside seams.
- You can run a thin bead of sealant along the seam, press it in with a finger, and wipe away excess on a paper towel.
- Alternatively, you can use an acid brush from a hardware store to spread the sealant.
INFO ON HOT TENTS:Temperature Rating
- We use high temp silicone coated fiberglass material, rated to several thousand degrees, for the stove jack. The tent material never touches the hot pipe. If there are any pinholes from floating embers, they can be sealed with a small dab of silicone without damaging the shelter.
- Carbon monoxide is not a concern in these shelters due to the peak vent and air flow from the zipper and sod skirt. If necessary, leave a door unzipped for more venting.
FAQ:Does the Cimarron have interior hang loops for drying?
- The method we prefer is a prusik knot on the pole for both drying heavy gear and attaching a nest. The prusik on a pole method is strong and secure.
- The Cimarron has a different seam construction and shape that provides better seam integrity and less stretch at the corners. We put guy outs where they make sense and provide usability and performance benefits. In testing, we found that corner guy out locations are a detriment to the Cimarron's design
SIZE COMPARISON CHART:
Cimarron 360 VR
Defects in manufacturing and material for the practical lifetime of the product. Damage due to wear and tear or misuse will be repaired for a reasonable charge.