Perfect for Horse Packers, Fly in camps, River camps and Car Campers but still light enough to be carried on your back for big groups. This Bundle features a 12 Man Tipi in your choice of colors, a Packable XL Titanium Stove (with 10.5 ft of pipe) and a Half Liner. If you find setting up a wall tent a big job but still like the comfort of a larger tent and stove combination then this is the bundle for you. Set's up in just a few minutes and packs small enough that you can have it on one horse and still ride the horse.
Capable of sleeping 12, or 6 and with lots of gear and a stove. Capable of sleeping 4 or more on cots.
The Half Liner provides a barrier effectively making one side a double wall tent. For a complete double wall shelter add another half liner. The liner is made from lightweight, breathable, water repellent fabric. This keeps frost or condensation away from the occupants.
All of our gear uses the best fabrics and materials we can source, is made in-house by experts at their craft, and is backed by our outstanding warranty.
Handmade in Grand Junction, CO.
- Brown - brighter.
- Green - more muted, blends well.
- Light penetration is equal.
- Sewn in screens keep out flying insects (mosquitoes, flies, yellow jackets) and allow you to vent thru the shelter.
- Screens cannot be added after the shelter is built.
- Screens add 19 oz.
- If you prefer total bug protection (spiders, ticks, mosquitoes) then add a nest.
- Dual zippered doors with storm flaps
- Single peak vent
- Stove jack with rain flap
- 6" Sod skirt for sealing out drafts
- Ultra robust stake loops - big enough for cut or improvised stakes, twist a time or two to tighten up on standard stakes
- Interior hang loops for tying clothes line or hanging gear
- External guyout loops - use to steepen walls, or pitch the shelter down in tight spots
- Titanium Construction
- Intake Control
- Damper & Integrated Spark Arrestor
- Sliding Door
- Easy Assembly
- Combo Weight:
- Complete with XL Stove - 255 oz / 15 lbs 15 oz
- Dual Screens add 19 oz
- Tipi Weight:
- Canopy - 99 oz / 6 lb 3 oz
- Complete weight - canopy, stakes, aluminum pole - 164 oz / 10 lb 4 oz
- Tipi Dimensions:
- Height 9' 6"
- Diameter 18' 10"
- 260 sq ft
- Stove Weights
- XL - Complete with damper, legs, hardware, and storage bag is 50 oz / 3 lb 2 oz
- Stove Pipe - 2 oz / foot - 10.5 ft = 21 oz
- XL Titanium Wood Stove.
- 10.5 feet of roll up stovepipe
- Pipe rings
- Spark Arrestor
- Intake Control
- Storage Bag
- Twelve Person Tipi
- Shelter canopy
- Stove jack with rain flap
- Aluminum Pole - 6 sections
- 24 stakes
- Enough seam sealer to seal the shelter and have some left over.
- Stuff Sacks
- Half Liner
- Liners turn half the shelter into a double wall tent, eliminating condensation drips.
- Add a second liner and line the entire shelter, except the area under the doors. Adds 20 oz.
For detailed pitching instructions please read our detailed Pitch Instructions.
For detailed instructions on how to seal your Tipi, including detailed photos, read Tipi Seam Sealing Step by Step Guide
For best results we recommend seam-sealing your tent. You can do it at home or have us do it for you (adds up to 1 week)(if we seal the shelter it will be shipped without extra tubes of sealant):
To learn how to seal your shelter the correct way, read our Seam Sealing Instructions.
- The 12 Person includes enough SilNet seam sealer to seal the entire tipi with a tube left over.
- Seal the outside seams, but do it from the inside - pitching the tipi inside out allows you to reach all of the seams.
- The easy way to seal is to run a thin bead of sealant along the seam, then press it in with a finger, wiping the excess on a paper towel.
- Alternatively, you can use an acid brush from a hardware store to spread the sealant.
- Mountain Mat
- Two Person Nest
- 12 Person Half Liner
- 12 Person Half Floor
- Tent Accessory Kit
- Ground Tarp
- Reflective Guyline
- Twisted Stakes
INTRO TO HOT TENTS:
The most common questions we get about hot tents are:
- How do you not burn the tent down?
- The stove jack is a high temp fiberglass material rated to several thousand degrees. The tent material never touches the hot pipe. You can get pinholes from floating embers, but a small dab of silicone seals the pinhole and doesn't hurt the shelter.
- How does a floorless shelter work in wet weather?
- Really darn well. Don't pitch in a depression obviously, but the ground inside dries out quickly, and it's super convenient to just walk in with muddy shoes (or dogs) and not worry about getting your floor dirty.
- What about condensation?
- It's single wall, there will be condensation in some conditions. Liners help a lot, as do stoves. Mostly you just have to learn to manage it. Read 5 Ways to Manage Condensation in Seek Outside Tents
- What about carbon monoxide?
- It's truly not a concern. We include a peak vent, plus the shelter will draw air through the zipper and under the sod skirt. If you're still concerned, leave a door unzipped 8" or so at the bottom to allow more venting.