***This is for the pack bag only and does not contain any suspension components.***
The Short-Tail is a lightweight dayhunting pack that was designed to cover three main uses - western big game dayhunts, treestand friendly eastern hunting, and backpacking long trails where bear can carry is required (such as the PCT).
Why it's Compelling
- Minimum Trail Weight - 3 lbs 13 oz
- Volume - 2592 ci | 42.5 L (not counting pocket volume)
- Load Range - 200+ lbs
- Functions as a packbag or a Talon to compress a drybag or meat.
- Best for mountain day hunts, Eastern hunting, and easy bear can carry.
- Highly water resistant
- Made in Colorado by awesome people using the best materials we can find.
- Weather resistant design with plenty of organization.
- Side pockets accept large spotting scopes or tripods, tents, or other gear.
- Built in zippered top lid.
- Zippered access to main packbag.
- Access to all pockets faces upward to prevent objects from falling out.
- 4-Way Forward Pull hipbelt closure.
- 6061 T6 Aluminum Revolution Frame (Patent Pending)
- Two removable aluminum horizontal cross stays.
- Six side compression straps, two bottom compression straps, one over the top strap, and a load shelf.
- Compression straps are moveable / removable.
- Ladder load shelf anchors allow you to set load height.
- Breakaway Carry - can carry a dry bag or pack meat between packbag and suspension.
- Customizable accessory pouch hang loops.
- Hydration port.
Load Rating - 200+ lbs
Our frame will support over 300 lbs in vertical load. YOUR max load will be determined by your body, not by the pack.
- Minimum Trail Weight - 3 lbs 13 oz (measured with 4 side compression straps, no horizontal cross stays)
- Shipped Weight - 4 lbs 1 oz
- Packbag Weight - 1 lb 4 oz
- 2592 cubic inches | 42.5 L
- Top Circumference: 34.5"
- Middle Circumference: 34.5"
- Bottom Circumference: 24"
- X-Pac Fabric - Packbag is made from VX42 X-Pac, a 4 ply laminate featuring a 420 denier nylon face fabric permanently bonded to a PET (Mylar) film with an X-Ply polyester yarn for bias stability and an inner taffeta liner for brightness and stitch retention. This creates a lightweight yet durable fabric that is waterproof to over 200 psi for the lifetime of the fabric.
- 500 Denier Cordura - Side pockets and many suspension components feature 500D Cordura for strength and abrasion resistance.
- YKK AquaGuard® Zippers - #8 size YKK AquaGuard zippers are durable, highly water repellent, and easy to use.
- 4-Way Forward Pull Hipbelt Closure - Allows variable top and bottom tension to adjust fit to body type or relieve pressure points. Is very secure and easy to use, and easy to tighten or adjust while under load
Included with Backpack:
- Four compression straps (removable)
Rain Cover / Seam Sealing:
- For instructions, check out our video Seam Sealing a Backpack.
- Main pack bag is made of X-Pac™ waterproof material and features a waterproof rolltop closure. Seam sealing the outside seams is recommended for exceptionally wet environments.
- Zippers are water repellent, but not waterproof. In rain or splash conditions this usually does not matter, but packbags will not be submersible.
- Waterproof stuff sacks are recommended for exceptionally rainy conditions, and drybags for submersion or severely wet conditions such as bushwacking or canyoneering.