Hunting Backpacks - Fortress 6300
The Fortress is a no holds barred ultralight load hauler. Featuring our most waterproof design with rolltop closure and two water bottle pockets, the Fortress utilizes our Talon Compression system to change the organization of the pack to match the adventure at hand.
Handmade in Grand Junction, Colorado, USA.
- Field Adjustable Frame Height
- Rapid Adaptable Compression System (RACS)
- Dynamic Belt System
- Breakaway Carry
- X-Pac™ Fabric
- Dual side pockets big enough to carry two nalgenes each.
- No zippers - seam sealing can make this backpack waterproof.
- Six side compression straps.
- One over-the-top "V" compression strap.
- Two lower load shelf compression straps.
Seek Outside Hunting Backpacks:
Our goal is to build the best hunting backpacks in the world.
That's easy to say, everyone says it. But what does it mean? What criteria do you judge a thing like that by?
For us it starts with heavy load comfort and durability. Hauling elk quarters or a boned out deer stresses every part of a pack, so every part of our packs use top shelf materials and the strongest construction methods we can dream up.
Our stiff frame and hipbelt operate differently from other makers, and honestly our belts slip less under heavy loads. Our packs are rated to 100+ lbs and have carried well past 150 lb loads.
Body types and tastes differ, but we and many of our customers believe our packs to be the best with big loads.
How do you make a heavy load pack not feel like a backbrace with a day load? With an articulating frame. Under light loads our frame moves with you. It feels like it disappears.
We make the lightest weight hunting backpacks available. Why is this important? It's not if you hunt the flatlands. It becomes important when you're gaining 3,000 feet in a mile and a half and the fun factor cratered an hour ago. People who have suffered - really suffered - under heavy loads in the steeps know that weight matters.
Tall frames are great for heavy loads. Shorter frames are good for day hunting. Our packs do both. With adjustable frame height you can hunt with a 24" frame while slipping through timber, and then if you get an animal down change the frame height to 26" or 28" - without tools, in the field, in two minutes. No one else does this.
We hate raincovers. They are unneeded weight, noisy, messy, just an all around disaster. We make our packbags from X-Pac, a completely waterproof material that eliminates the need for a raincover.
These are the criteria we use to judge our backpacks.
Don't listen to us though, or to anyone else.
Be your own judge.
- Heavy load comfort and durability
- Disappears with a light load
- Adjustable frame height
- X-Pac™ Backpack Fabric - No raincover needed
RECOMMENDED USE: BACKPACK HUNTING, BACKPACK SHEEP HUNTING, BACKPACK ELK HUNTING, PACK RAFTING, EPIC ADVENTURING
- Revolution / Fortress / Base Talon - Olive 4 lbs 2 oz.
- Volume - 6300 ci packbag, Base Talon adds 1000 ci, Merlin adds 1400 ci, Load Shelf expansion adds up to 2000 ci more.
- Top Circumference - 48" | 122 cm
- Bottom Circumference - 43" | 109 cm
- Unrolled Height - 44" | 112 cm
- Suspension and Packbag
- 6 Side Compression Straps
- Over the top strap
- Removable Load Shelf
- Talon of your choice
- Field Repair Kit
- Two 1 inch belt buckles. A 4 to 1 single buckle is available on request.
- Adjustable frame, Can be used at 24"- 28" height - Which Frame Height is Right for Me?
- Three hip belt sizes, fits 29 to 42 inch waists
- Shoulder harness easily adjusts to fit 15" - 22" torsos.
Rain Cover / Seam Sealing:
- For instructions, check out our video Seam Sealing a Backpack.
- Main pack bag is made of X-Pac™ waterproof material and features a waterproof rolltop closure. Seam sealing the outside seams is recommended for exceptionally wet environments.
- Waterproof stuff sacks are recommended for exceptionally rainy conditions, and drybags for submersion or severely wet conditions such as bushwacking or canyoneering.
- Side pockets are 500D Cordura and are not waterproof.
- Talon Compression Accessories
- Frame Extensions
- Hipbelt Pockets
- Lumbar Pad
- Bottle Holster
- Gun Hook
- Compression Strap Kit
- All bear cans will fit horizontally at any location in the 6300. Go nuts.
- Suspension is 500D Cordura and 3D mesh. Hypalon and 500D Cordura reinforcements
- Expedition Olive (X42) is a 420 denier plain weave with a 200 psi PET laminate