Hunting Backpacks - Fortress 4800
The Fortress is a no holds barred ultralight load hauler. Featuring our most waterproof design with rolltop closure and two water bottle pockets, the Fortress utilizes our Talon Compression system to change the organization of the pack to match the adventure at hand.
Handmade in Grand Junction, Colorado, USA.
- Field Adjustable Frame Height
- Rapid Adaptable Compression System (RACS)
- Dynamic Belt System
- Breakaway Carry
- X-Pac™ Fabric
- No zippers or hydration port. Seam seal it and it can be made waterproof.
- Dual water bottle pockets with shock cord closure. Cord is user replaceable for long service life.
- Six horizontal compression straps.
- One over-the-top "V" compression strap.
- Two lower load shelf compression straps.
- Revolution / Fortress / Base Talon - Gray 3 lbs 12 oz, Olive 3 lbs 15 oz.
- Volume - 4800 ci packbag, Base Talon adds 1000 ci, Merlin adds 1400 ci, Load Shelf expansion adds up to 2000 ci more.
- Top Circumference - 43" | 109 cm
- Bottom Circumference - 42" | 107 cm
- Unrolled Height - 38" | 97 cm
- Suspension, Packbag, and Talon of your choice
- 6 Side Compression Straps
- Over the top strap
- Removable Load Shelf
- Field Repair Kit
- Two 1 inch belt buckles. A 4 to 1 single buckle is available on request.
- Adjustable frame, Can be used at 24"- 28" height - Which Frame Height is Right for Me?
- Three hip belt sizes, fits 29 to 42 inch waists
- Shoulder harness easily adjusts to fit 15" - 22" torsos.
Rain Cover / Seam Sealing:
- For instructions, check out our video Seam Sealing a Backpack.
- Main pack bag is made of X-Pac™ waterproof material and features a waterproof rolltop closure. Seam sealing the outside seams is recommended for exceptionally wet environments.
- Water can penetrate the side zipper, but usually not in a rain situation with the pack upright - the zipper flap does an excellent job of repelling rain.
- Waterproof stuff sacks are recommended for exceptionally rainy conditions, and drybags for submersion or severely wet conditions such as bushwacking or canyoneering.
- Side pockets are 500D Cordura and are not waterproof.
- All bear cans will fit horizontally at any location in the 4800. Go nuts.
- Suspension is 500D Cordura and 3D mesh. Hypalon and 500D Cordura reinforcements
- Expedition Olive (X42) is a 420 denier plain weave with a 200 psi PET laminate
- Constant 40" diameter
- 37" unrolled height
- 35" max height when closed
RECOMMENDED USE: BACKPACK HUNTING, BACKPACK SHEEP HUNTING, BACKPACK ELK HUNTING, PACK RAFTING, EPIC ADVENTURING