Lightweight Backpacks / Integrated Platform / Gila
The Gila is purpose built for the quick overnight, day hike, or a longer trip for an experienced minimalist. Featuring the same Seek Outside Suspension of our other packs, the Gila rides in comfort with light or heavy loads. X-Pac construction eliminates the need for a rain cover, and the large side pockets and mesh face pocket provide ample organization for your gear.
The Gila Wilderness was the first designated wilderness area in the United States, receiving protection in 1924. Like it's namesake, this backpack is built for the solitude & peace that you find in the lonely places.
All of our gear uses the best fabrics and materials we can source, is made in-house by experts at their craft, and is backed by our outstanding warranty.
Handmade in Grand Junction, Colorado, USA.
Seek Outside Backpacks all feature:
- Seek Outside Suspension - all our backpacks use the same frame, hipbelt, & shoulder harness (save money by adding packbags down the road instead of buying a whole backpack).
- Patent Pending Articulating Frame. Our suspension will comfortably carry anything you can.
- X-Pac™ Backpack Fabric - forever waterproof & durable. No more raincovers!
- Adjustable Frame Height - 24" -26" - 28" - Frame Extensions allow you to dial your pack height to your torso length or expected load weight.
- Hydration Port
- Tapered main bag
- Dimensional side pockets with shock cord closure are large enough for two nalgenes, but tighten enough for a small water bottle. Shock cord is user replaceable for long service life.
- Rear mesh pocket for storage of wet or quick access items.
- Variable compression via Gatekeeper straps
- Normal iteration is two side compression straps
- Can run with over the top strap, three side compression straps (on each side) plus two bottom straps.
- Lower compression straps hold a bear can, sleeping pad, crampons, etc.
- Base weight 2 lbs 10 oz X21 Gray
- VX21 Teal adds 2 oz.
- X42 Green adds 3 oz.
- Fabrics - X21 is a 210D face with no inner scrim. VX21 is a 210D face with an inner scrim. X42 is a 420D face without inner scrim. X42 does best with heavy abrasion, X21 is plenty durable for normal backpacking.
- Removable strapping adds 2.6 ounces (over the top, roll top cinch, dual lower straps)
- Horizon Cross Stay adds 2.5 ounces
- Weight as packaged 2 lbs 15 oz in Gray
- Suits 16" - 20" torsos without extensions , 18" - 22" with 2 inch extensions. (Further reading Which frame height is right for me?)
- One size harness micro adjustable to any torso length within fit range
- Interchangeable hipbelts in three sizes, to fit waists from 29" to 42"
- Talon Compression Accessories
- Frame Extensions
- Hipbelt Pockets
- Lumbar Pad
- Bottle Holster
- Gun Hook
- Compression Strap Kit
Rain Cover / Seam Sealing:
- For instructions, check out our video Seam Sealing a Backpack.
- Main pack bag is made of X-Pac™ waterproof material and features a waterproof rolltop closure. Seam sealing the outside seams is recommended for exceptionally wet environments.
- Waterproof stuff sacks are recommended for exceptionally rainy conditions, and drybags for submersion or severely wet conditions such as bushwacking or canyoneering.
- Bear cans may be strapped on with lower compression straps
- Bear cans may be carried under the top strap
- Suspension is 500D Cordura and 3D spacer mesh. Hypalon and 500D Cordura reinforcements
- Pack bag is made from X21RC xpac (grey) or X42 xpac (olive). X21 represents an excellent balance of durability and weight for on trail or lighter duty uses. X42 easily stands up to all but the most abusive of applications.