Our Flight Series backpacks are rugged, lightweight, and comfortable even with heavier backpacking loads of 35 to 50 lbs. Using advanced X-Pac and Spectra fabrics, these lightweight backpacks are excellent choices for day hikes, ski mountaineering, thru-hiking, summit attempts, or large water hauls in dry areas.
Flight One features a rolltop closure, two side water bottle pockets that work well with either a nalgene or 1-2 smart water bottles, and a large front stuff pocket. The hipbelt features a forward pull closure and two zippered pockets.
To see the X-Pac and Spectra version, click Flight One - X-Pac / Spectra
Add to cart to check stock and lead times.
Why it's Compelling
- Weight - 2.25 lbs (1.05 kg).
- Volume - 3700 ci (61L) not counting water bottle pockets or hipbelt pockets.
- Comfortable with heavier backpacking loads of 35-50 lbs.
- Highly water resistant.
- Rugged build with very good abrasion resistance.
- Body hugging cut and ride that is good for scrambles and high routes.
- Made in Colorado by awesome people using the best materials we can find.
- Weather resistant rolltop packbag.
- Large front stuff pocket.
- Two side water bottle pockets - accept one Nalgene or two 1L Smart Water bottles each.
- Two zippered hipbelt pockets.
- Forward pull hipbelt closure.
- 7075 T6 aluminum frame.
- Aluminum horizontal cross stay.
- Four side compression straps, one over the top strap, two bottom compression straps. All are removable.
- Hydration port.
- Hipbelt is removable for light load scrambling.
Load Rating - 35 to 50 lbs
Load rating changes based on torso height and frame height.
Torso Height is the distance from C7 (the prominent vertebrae at the base of your neck) down the spine to an imaginary line drawn connecting the points of the hips (iliac crests). Common measurements for a 6' tall male would be 17 to 19", while a 5'5" female may be 15 to 16", though these measurements vary widely based on body composition.
- Select Fabric & Frame Height - SpectraGridHT is less waterproof and more abrasion resistant. Solid SpectraGridHT is recommended for drier and rockier locations.
- Note - 22" and 24" packbags are not interchangeable. A 22" packbag accepts only a 22" frame, and a 24" accepts only a 24".
- Note - Flight packbags and suspension components are NOT interchangeable with our Revolution Frame backpacks.
- To Order - Select the options you want and add the pack to the cart to generate a live inventory feed that will tell you if the pack is in stock and what the expected lead time is if it is not in stock. For rush orders or "need-by" dates call us at 970-208-8108.
- Flight Series Packs vs. Revolution Frame Packs - judge by your frequent use. If you often carry 35+ plus pounds or ever need to carry 50+, then a Revolution Frame pack is the best choice. If you most often carry 20, sometimes carry 35, and may carry up to 50 occasionally then the Flight will serve you well.
- 22" Frame - 36 oz | 2 lbs 4 oz | 1.02 kg
- 24" Frame - 37 oz | 2 lbs 5 oz | 1.05 kg
- Packbag: 3200 cubic inches | 52 L
- Front Pocket: 534 cubic inches | 9L
- Bottle Pockets: Fits one nalgene or two 1L smart water bottles
- Top Circumference: 41”
- Middle Circumference: 39”
- Bottom Circumference: 35”
- Unrolled Height: 35"
- SpectraGridHT Fabric - Packbag is made from SpectraGridHT. This creates a lightweight yet durable fabric that is waterproof to over 1500 mm.
- SpectraGridHT Fabric- Bottle Pockets, Bottom, and Face Pocket are 100D x 200D Spectra X-Grid, consisting of a 100 denier high tenacity nylon substrate interwoven with 200 denier Spectra (UHMWPE) threads. Spectra is 15X stronger than steel and 30% stronger than aramid, and very lightweight. The unique weave and combination of deniers in this fabric give it very interesting properties. The Spectra fibers are two times the size of the underlying nylon substrate, creating "hills and valleys" in the profile of the fabric, with Spectra being the hills. This means that the majority of abrasion is taken by the super strong Spectra fibers, which protects the nylon substrate. The result is a very lightweight fabric that performs similarly to 500 denier Cordura in our abrasion testing. This fabric features a PU coating and is rated to 1500 mm hydrostatic head, which is considered waterproof in the tent industry.
- YKK AquaGuard® Zippers - We use #8 size zippers for accessories and pockets and #10's for packbags. These zippers are durable, highly water repellent, and easy to use.
- Bear Can Carry - Bearikade Weekender or BV500 will fit vertically in the upper portion of the pack. You can also carry a bear can externally by using compression straps to secure the can to the top or bottom of the packbag horizontally.
Included with Backpack:
- Six compression straps (removable)
- One over the top compression strap
Fitting the Flight is simple and straightforward.
- Adjust hipbelt length to fit your waist. The padded portion of the belt should wrap around the points of your hips, but not by enough to limit webbing travel for the center buckle.
- With the load lifters loose, shoulder the pack and snug the shoulder straps.
- Snug the load lifters.
- Go seek something, preferably outside.
Q: Is this backpack waterproof?
A: No. The seams will allow water to seep in. If you are in extremely wet environments we recommend seam sealing your backpack with silicone seam sealer. See our pack instructions page to learn how.
Q: Will any flight pack parts - packbags, hipbelt, harness, frame, etc - interchange with your bigger packs that use the Revolution Frame (such as Divide, Unaweep, Goshawk, etc)?
Q: If I get a 22" framed Flight pack can I later install a 24" frame in it if I feel the need?
A: No. The packbags are dedicated to 22 OR 24" frames, not both.
Q: I'm a packrafter and need maximum water resistance in my pack. How do I waterproof the Flight?
A: Use silicone seam sealer to seal the seams and cover the hydration port with tenacious tape.