See More Images +
See Fewer Images -
Eolus - A 14,090 foot peak in the San Juan Range of mountains in Southwest Colorado; also, Greek God of wind.
The Eolus 2 person trekking pole tent is big enough to sleep two 6'5" tall men, with each having their own door and vestibule. Designed to make use of trekking poles, this shelter is light and easy to use. Catenary cuts help take up slack in the panels, creating a tight pitch that is very quiet in wind. Lineloc and cordage stakeouts give it a lot of adjustability, and make it easy to pitch. Our patent pending zipperless doors remove a failure point, and are easy to use.
The Eolus is based off of a central rectangle with a triangular vestibule on either side. This arrangement makes it very easy to pitch and tension. It can be pitched tight to the ground in bad weather, or pitched higher for maximum airflow in hot weather.
We offer a heavy duty optional nest, which gives you the ability to go light and floorless or take the nest and be bugless at your discretion. Typical to Seek Outside, we don't cut corners or compromise materials to hit a weight target. The canopy uses our 30D cordura spec ripstop silnylon and will spec out at 3000-4000 mm hydrostatic head.
Overall the Eolus has a big footprint, is tall enough to sit up in without hitting your head, is easy to pitch, quiet in wind, and very stormworthy.
Handmade in Grand Junction, CO.
- Pitches with two trekking poles (not included)
- Ultralight floorless tarp with excellent storm coverage
- Add optional nest to provide total bug and weather protection
- FST Dual Side Entrance Zipperless Design
- Fabric - fabrics are 30D Cordura spec silnylon. Read more - Tent Fabrics - A Comparison Of Fabric Types
- Guy Out Locations designed for head to toe sleeping arrangement
- Average Weights:
- Canopy - 18 oz. Cordage and 10 stakes add 6.5 oz
- Nest - 18.9 oz with doubled #3 zipper pulls for durability
- Total Weight with Nest, 10 stakes and Guy out lines - 42 oz / 2 lbs 12 oz
- Carbon Poles - 3.8 oz each
- Total Weight with two carbon poles, cordage, and stakes - 1 lb 14 oz
- Height - 50"
- 62 sq ft
- Inner Sq ft 30
- Fabric - 30D Cordura spec ripstop double coated silnylon, with a bit of PU mixed into the coating. Hydrostatic head rating 3000-4000 mm. (The small amount of PU in this coating gives this fabric better performance in gritty or sandy environs as grit and dust don't stick as easily as to pure silnylon.)
For best results we recommend seam sealing your tent. You can do it at home or have us do it for you (adds up to one week)(if we seal the shelter it will be shipped without extra tubes of sealant):
- We send our shelters with enough seam sealer to seal the entire shelter.
- Pitch the shelter normally and seal the outside seams.
- The easy way to seal is to run a thin bead of sealant along the seam, then press it in with a finger, wiping the excess on a paper towel.
- Alternatively, you can use an acid brush from a hardware store to spread the sealant.
- Shelter canopy
- 10 stakes (Minimum of 6 to pitch, 8 gives a very solid pitch.)
- Stuff Sack
- Seam Sealer (if you don't have us seam seal it)
- Does not come with poles. This shelter is intended to pitch with two 130 to 140 cm trekking poles.
Defects in manufacturing and material for the practical lifetime of the product. Damage due to wear and tear or misuse will be repaired for a reasonable charge.