Lead Time - Expected Delivery July 2020
Eolus - A 14,090 foot peak in the San Juan Range of mountains in Southwest Colorado; also, Greek God of wind.
The Eolus is big enough to sleep two 6'5" tall men, with each having their own door and vestibule. Designed to make use of trekking poles, this shelter is light and easy to use. Catenary cuts help take up slack in the panels, creating a tight pitch that is very quiet in wind. Lineloc and cordage stakeouts give it a lot of adjustability, and make it easy to pitch. Our patent pending zipperless doors remove a failure point, and are easy to use.
The Eolus is based off of a central rectangle with a triangular vestibule on either side. This arrangement makes it very easy to pitch and tension. It can be pitched tight to the ground in bad weather, or pitched higher for maximum airflow in hot weather.
We offer a heavy duty optional nest, which gives you the ability to go light and floorless or take the nest and be bugless at your discretion. Typical to Seek Outside, we don't cut corners or compromise materials to hit a weight target. The canopy uses Ct2e.08 Dyneema fabric, an extremely light, strong, and waterproof fabric.
Overall the Eolus has a big footprint, is tall enough to sit up in without hitting your head, is easy to pitch, quiet in wind, and very storm worthy.
Handmade in Grand Junction, CO.
- Dyneema Ct2e.08 Fabric
- Pitches with two trekking poles (not included)
- Ultralight floorless tarp with excellent storm coverage
- Add optional nest to provide total bug and weather protection
- FST Dual Side Entrance Zipperless Design
- Line Loc 3mm Cordage Stake Outs
- Guy Out Locations designed for head to toe sleeping arrangement (can sleep head to head as well)
- Nest uses four #3 zipper pulls for increased durability
- Seams are Factory Sealed
- Average Weights:
- Canopy - 12 oz, cordage and 6 stakes add 4.5 oz.
- Nest - 18.9 oz with doubled #3 zipper pulls for durability
- Requires 6 stakes, can use 2 more for guyouts if wanted.
- Height - 50"
- 62 sq ft
- Inner Sq ft 30
- Dyneema Ct2e.08 - 0.8 oz per yard, extremely lightweight, strong, and waterproof.
- Shelter canopy
- Cordage (Doors, Guyouts, & Extras)
- 10 stakes (Minimum of 6 to pitch, 8 gives a very solid pitch.)
- Stuff Sack
- Does not come with poles. This shelter is intended to pitch with two 130 to 140 cm trekking poles.