Lightweight Backpacks / Integrated Platform / Divide
Designed for the ultralight backpacker and backcountry adventurer who needs both light weight and comfort under serious loads, the Divide bridges the gap between traditional ultralight backpacking and load hauling external frames.
Other 2.5 pound packs do well with 20 - 25 pounds, and struggle above. The Divide thrives with 30-50 pound loads and is capable over 100 pounds.
With a proven feature set tailored for lightweight backpackers, pack rafters, and backcountry skiers, the Divide also delivers on ultralight backpack hunting trips where weight is of utmost importance.
Handmade in Grand Junction, Colorado, USA.
For an in depth look, read Product Focus: Seek Outside Divide
Seek Outside Backpacks all feature:
- Seek Outside Suspension - all our backpacks use the same frame, hipbelt, & shoulder harness (save money by adding packbags down the road instead of buying a whole backpack).
- Patent Pending Articulating Frame. Our suspension will comfortably carry anything you can.
- X-Pac™ Backpack Fabric - forever waterproof & durable. No more raincovers!
- Adjustable Frame Height - 24" -26" - 28" - Frame Extensions allow you to dial your pack height to your torso length or expected load weight.
- Tapered main bag adapts to large loads, and rolls down to hug smaller loads. When rolled down to the top of the frame the Divide is little more than 3000 cubic inches, but at full capacity balloons to 4500.
- Dimensional side pockets with shock cord closure. Uncinch, access a bottle or snacks, and recinch with one hand on the fly. Shock cord is user replaceable for long service life.
- Rear mesh pocket for storage of wet or quick access items.
- Movable / Removable compression straps. The Divide ships with an over the top strap, three side compression straps on each side, and two bottom compression straps. The most common compression scheme used by most people is two side straps, an over the top strap, and the bottom straps only if needed for a bear can or sleeping pad.
- Suits 16" - 20" torsos without extensions , 18" - 22" with 2 inch extensions. (Further reading Which frame height is right for me?)
- One size harness micro adjustable to any torso length within fit range
- Interchangeable hipbelts in three sizes, to fit waists from 29" to 42"
- Pack bag height closed: 32" (with two rolls of the roll top)
- Top circumference: 40.5"
- Base circumference: 36"
- Rear Pocket: 10" by 14" by 5"
- Base weight 2 lbs 12 oz Alpine Gray, 2 lbs 15 oz Expedition Olive (w/ small belt)
- Removable strapping adds 2.6 ounces (over the top, roll top cinch, dual lower straps)
- Horizon Cross Stay adds 2.5 ounces
- Weight as packaged 3 lbs 1 oz in Alpine Grey, 3 lbs 4 oz Expedition Olive
- Talon Compression Accessories
- Frame Extensions
- Hipbelt Pockets
- Lumbar Pad
- Bottle Holster
- Compression Strap Kit
Rain Cover / Seam Sealing:
- For instructions, check out our video Seam Sealing a Backpack.
- Main pack bag is made of X-Pac™ waterproof material and features a waterproof rolltop closure. Seam sealing the outside seams is recommended for exceptionally wet environments.
- Waterproof stuff sacks are recommended for exceptionally rainy conditions, and drybags for submersion or severely wet conditions such as bushwacking or canyoneering.
- All bear cans will fit horizontally in the upper 2/3 of the bag
- Bear cans may be strapped on with lower compression straps
- Bear cans may be carried under the top strap
- Suspension is 500D Cordura and 3D spacer mesh. Hypalon and 500D Cordura reinforcements
- Pack bag is made from X21RC xpac (grey) or X42 xpac (olive). X21 represents an excellent balance of durability and weight for on trail or lighter duty uses. X42 easily stands up to all but the most abusive of applications.