Build your backpack the way you want it. Our custom backpack builders allow you to select from commonly requested options to configure your dream backpack.
Terms & Conditions
- Custom packs come with our standard Lifetime Warranty, and have a 30 day return policy with a nonrefundable 15% restocking fee.
- Lead Times on custom packs are 6 to 8 weeks.
- Customizations are limited to a selection of our most common fabrics, pockets, and options. We are not offering full customs due to the intensive time that custom patterns require.
5400 Series Packbag Dimensions
- Based on our popular Divide, Unaweep, Fortress, and Goshawk packbags, this size pack is great for dayhikes to multiday adventures.
- Top Circumference - 44" | 112 cm
- Bottom Circumference - 42" | 107 cm
- Unrolled Height - 43" | 109 cm
Finished pack weights can be approximated by starting with a similar sized pack and then adding or subtracting feature weights.
- Lanner weight - 4 lbs 8 oz
- Integrates saves around 8 oz
- Gila style mesh pocket - 2 oz
- Lanner style mesh pocket - 7 oz
- Water Bottle Pocket - 1.5 to 2 oz each
- Tall Side Pocket - 2 to 2.5 oz each
- Zippered Side Pocket - 4 to 6 oz each
- Hydro Port - 1 oz or less
- Side Zipper - 3 to 5 oz
- Breakaway Platform or Integrated Platform - Integrated is lighter and more direct. Breakaway is more versatile in carrying large, heavy, or bulky loads due to Breakaway Carry.
- Fabrics - X21 has a 210D face fabric and is a great all around lightweight backpacking fabric. X33 Multicam has a 330D face fabric and is a great lightweight hunting or bushwhacking fabric. X42 Olive has a 420D face and is a good all round fabric, and the choice for rock abrasion.
- Accent Fabrics - the difference here is cosmetic only, as the fabrics are the same.
- Face Pocketing - choose between a simple mesh stuff pocket, a Peregrine style mesh pocket with two zippered security pockets, or no pocket. You can add a Talon to your order if you wish by clicking the link - Talons, Top Lids, & Pockets
- Side Pockets - Choose between our most popular styles - Water Bottle, Tall Side Pockets, and Zippered Wing Pockets. Independent left and right options let you mix and match pockets to your needs.
- Side Zipper - Fully separating, with pulls on top and bottom. This allows you to open the packbag fully for access, or to open from bottom up if the rolltop is closed, making access easier on the fly.
- Hydro Port - select if you're a bladder user, opt out for more waterproofness of the packbag, or for bottle users.
- Field Adjustable Frame Height
- Rapid Adaptable Compression System (RACS)
- Dynamic Belt System
- X-Pac™ Fabric
- Six side compression straps
- One over the top compression strap
- Two bottom compression straps
- Comes with Internal Load Shelf
- Field Repair Kit
- Two one inch belt buckles
- A 4 to 1 single belt buckle is available upon request
Rain Cover / Seam Sealing
- For instructions, check out our video Seam Sealing a Backpack.
- Main pack bag is made of X-Pac™ waterproof material and features a waterproof rolltop closure. Seam sealing the outside seams is recommended for exceptionally wet environments.
- Waterproof stuff sacks are recommended for exceptionally rainy conditions, and drybags for submersion or severely wet conditions such as bushwacking or canyoneering.
- All bear cans will fit horizontally in the 5400.