Basecamps, cook tents, small concerts, emergency housing, the 24 Person Tipi provides an incredible amount of covered space at a light weight and is perfect for weight restricted bush flights or pack trains. Please allow 6-8 weeks to build your tipi.
Handmade in Grand Junction, CO.
- Ultra HD Tent Fabric
- Sod Skirt
- SO Stake Loops
- Guyout Loops
- Dual Zippered Doors With Rain Flaps
- Stove Jack With Rain Flap
- Peak Vent
- Hang Loops
Made in the U.S.A from the best materials sourced both domestic and globally
- Canopy - 12 to 14 lbs
- Complete weight - canopy, stakes, aluminum pole - 17-20 lbs
- Height 13'
- Diameter 26'
- 575 sq ft
- Fabric Specs:
- 30D Cordura Spec Ripstop Double Coated Silnylon with waterproof rating of 3000-4000 mm hydrostatic head
- Tent Fabric University - many fabrics are used for tents these days. In order of strength to weight, they would start with a PU coated Polyester, then a Sil coated Poly, then a PU coated Nylon, then Silicone coated Nylon, then Dyneema. Of the Nylons, you have Nylon 6, Nylon 6.6, and Cordura Nylon which a type of 6.6. To understand more about these fabrics and why we use what we do, please read Tent Fabrics: A Comparison of Fabric Types
- Sleeps 24 without stove
- Sleeps 12-15 with stove
- Sleeps 8-12 standard cots with a stove
- Need one size smaller? See the 16 Person Tipi
- Need one size bigger? Build a pole barn or get a circus tent. This thing is huge.
- Shelter canopy
- Stove jack with rain flap
- Aluminum Pole - 8 sections
- 32 stakes
- Enough seam sealer to seal the entire shelter
For detailed pitching instructions please read our detailed Pitch Instructions.
KNOTS:Read Knots You Should Know to learn our favorite ways of rigging cordage to perform tasks. The most common tasks you'll need to do are:
- Putting a Prusik On The Pole to pitch a nest or rig a dryline for hanging gear.
- Tying guyline or mainline to a tree or branch.
- Connecting line to a guyout.
- Tying off to a stake.
For detailed instructions on how to seal your Tipi, including detailed photos, read Tipi Seam Sealing Step by Step Guide
- The 24 Person includes enough seam sealer to seal the entire tipi.
- Seal the outside seams, but do it from the inside - pitching the tipi inside out allows you to reach all of the seams.
- The easy way to seal is to run a thin bead of sealant along the seam, then press it in with a finger, wiping the excess on a paper towel.
- Alternatively, you can use an acid brush from a hardware store to spread the sealant.
- Stove Size - XL Titanium Stove
- Stovepipe Length - 13 ft
INTRO TO HOT TENTS:
The most common questions we get about hot tents are:
- How do you not burn the tent down?
- The stove jack is a high temp fiberglass material rated to several thousand degrees. The tent material never touches the hot pipe. You can get pinholes from floating embers, but a small dab of silicone seals the pinhole and doesn't hurt the shelter.
- How does a floorless shelter work in wet weather?
- Really darn well. Don't pitch in a depression obviously, but the ground inside dries out quickly, and it's super convenient to just walk in with muddy shoes (or dogs) and not worry about getting your floor dirty.
- What about condensation?
- It's single wall, there will be condensation in some conditions. Liners help a lot, as do stoves. Mostly you just have to learn to manage it. Read 5 Ways to Manage Condensation in Seek Outside Tents
- What about carbon monoxide?
- It's truly not a concern. We include a peak vent, plus the shelter will draw air through the zipper and under the sod skirt. If you're still concerned, leave a door unzipped 8" or so at the bottom to allow more venting.